Rashid Abad Gold and Copper mine – Zanjan
The Rashid-Abad gold-copper mine is located approximately 40 km northwest of … Zanjan city. This mine is located in the northwest of Iran, and in length of E 38° 22′ and latitude of N 37° 05′, and a mountainous region. The nearest town to the mine, the city of Armaghan-Khaneh and the nearest village to Meshkin. Rashid-Abad Mine is located on Hashtjin geological map (scale: 1:100,000), and at Alborz-Azerbaijan structural zone.
Rashid Abad, located 40 kilometers northwest of Zanjan, Iran, produces gold and copper. The mine has the potential to enhance the long-term productivity objectives.
Rashid Abad processing capacity expected to be 120000 tons per year.
Rashid Abad mine is one of the mineral potential discovered in Zanjan province with mineralization of copper and gold. The type of mineralization is visible in the ore-bearing veins ,with a thickness of more than 5 meters, which can be examined on the surface of the vein, about 300 meters, with an area of over 200 meters. Previous mining activities in the range occurred due to the quality and proper grade of ore in a significant volume.
- Map 1: 25000 Geology: This map is based on preliminary geological studies using Landsat-ETM and TERRA-ASTER satellite imagery and field observations.
- Geochemical studies of waterways: after separation of geologically susceptible areas on a topographic map of 1: 50000 and determining the scope of work.
- Map 1: 10000 regional alterations: This map is based on field studies and interpretation of satellite data at a scale of 1: 10,000.
- Geological map with scale of 1: 5000: This map is based on the appropriate topographic data and is based on the processing of ASTER satellite data in an area of 5.8 km2.
- Lithogeochemical sampling: Regular sampling was conducted in a 100 × 100-meter network in 360 samples and in a 30 × 30 meter network of 115 samples, by Rio Tinto Co. The result of these studies is the introduction of 4 anomalies named A to D respectively.
- Magnetometry: At an area of about 3.5 square kilometers, for 547 stations and in a 70 × 70 meter network is performed.
- Geo-electric IP-RS: 2255 stations have been selected and harvested on 14 profiles in accordance with the trenches.
- Dredging of exploratory trenches: A total of 14 trenches, perpendicular to geological complications, have been designed and built along the geophysical sections with a general trend of north-east to southwest and 663 samples have been taken.
- Geological map with a scale of 1: 1000: This map is made up of about 300 hectares with a direct land plot with the aim of the mineral zone, alterations and detailed mineralogical studies.
- Topographic map with a scale of 1: 1000: This map is based on the transfer of geodetic points in an area of about 300 hectares.
- Designing a Drilling Network: A 100×100 m drilling grid has been designed based on previous studies, and then 50×50 m network design has been performed on all anomalies.
- Core drilling: 21500 m drilling in 92 borehole loops and producing cores.
- Harvest 35 samples of alterations to study mineralogy changes of rocks.
Activities in the range
- Take a topographic map at a scale of 1: 1000
- Geological survey on a scale of 1: 1000
- Economic Geology Studies
- Digging and harvesting trenches
- Construction of the conceptual model of the ore
- Exploratory drilling
- Extraction of underground
- Processing studies on representative samples
- Finishing Road Improvement Access to the mine
- Follow mining licenses